11 – 18 Co-educational Comprehensive
Fixed term in the first instance from 1 November 2017 until 24 July 2018
Learning Resources Co-ordinator/Librarian
Grade F (£15,513 - £20,138 to be reduced proportionately for part time working)
32.5 hours per week, term time only (44.263 total paid weeks)
Redruth School is one of the most progressive schools in Cornwall and we would like someone who is passionate about learning to join us on our journey to outstanding. You would be joining a vibrant, committed workforce in beautiful West Cornwall.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified Learning Resources Assistant with relevant experience, ideas and commitment, to join our school. The successful candidate will develop and manage the facilities in our Learning Resource Centre. They will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, appropriate IT skills and be able to work confidently with both students and staff. Preference will be given to candidates who have a library qualification or relevant experience in a library, and ideally this will have been gained in a school environment. An enthusiasm for reading for pleasure and sharing that enthusiasm is essential.
Duties will include:
· Ordering and processing stationery orders
· Setting up regular displays on relevant and interesting topics, and keeping them tidy and up to date
· Advising and guiding students to the relevant resources
· Assisting with ICT queries when possible
· Assist with maintaining library discipline
· Ensuring that library stock is shelved appropriately and presented in an attractive and helpful way, and that books are in correct order
· Undertake stock taking and checking when necessary
· Involvement in additional educational activities where appropriate - examples include World Book Day and BBC reporting.
Closing Date: Tuesday 3 October at 11 am
Interviews: Tuesday 10 October
To obtain application forms and job description: Please download from our school website at www.redruth.cornwall.sch.uk (see School Information/Job Vacancies).
Alternatively, please contact Sheila Kane, Clerk to Governors/Personnel Administrator, by email: email@example.com or by telephone (Tuesday to Thursday only, term time only): 01209 203711 (please leave a message).
Completed applications (application form/safeguarding declaration/Equal Opportunities form) to be submitted to Sheila Kane by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Redruth School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, and will be assessed against the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations.
Links not currently in use